Expert Witness Institute
The Expert Witness Institute (EWI) was launched in November 1996 to service and support experts. It acts as a voice for the expert witness community, supporting experts from all professional disciplines and lawyers who use the services of experts. Its functions are to encourage, train and educate experts and to improve and maintain their standards and status. The EWI actively works with a wide range of professional bodies to achieve this. The EWI is independent of outside commercial interests and is democratic, transparent and fully accountable to its members. It is a non-profit making company limited by guarantee The objective of the EWI is the support of the proper administration of justice and the early resolution of disputes through fair and unbiased expert evidence.
To achieve this objective, the EWI:
- Acts as a voice for expert witnesses, especially in communicating with the media.
- Provides support to experts of all professional disciplines and other occupations requiring skills and judgment.
- Encourages lawyers to make use of experts wherever specialized knowledge is required.
- Engages in the training of experts to maintain and enhance standards and their status.
- Works actively with other allied professional bodies and associations.
- Makes representations to Government and to professional bodies and associations wherever appropriate.
Mind Professionals is approved Corporate Member of the EWI. Our services to support Expert Witnesses and the Courts, Legal Professionals, Public & Private Sector organisations, and private individuals who utilise the services of Experts; are provided in strict accordance with the above objectives and the highest standards of quality endorsed by the EWI in relation to all aspects of Expert Witness Practice. We encourage all our Experts, if they are not already, to work towards gaining full individual member status of the Institute, facilitating this for them through the Institute’s ongoing peer review and regular professional development activities.