Mind Experts - Services for Experts
Whether you are an accomplished Medico Legal Expert / Independent Expert Witness or a Senior Clinician / Practitioner with specialist expertise in your profession considering providing services to the Court system as an Independent Expert Witness for the first time, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Through our affiliation with The Expert Witness Institute (EWI) we offer you, working as our Associate, opportunity, representation, professional development and on-going support in all aspects of your work as an Expert Witness, allowing you to concentrate fully, on your cases in hand.
Working with us, you will benefit from:
- Guaranteed immediate payment for your work.
Unlike all other Medico Legal Reporting Consultancies operating in our sector, Mind Professionals operates concurrently as a recognised, accredited and contractually approved and regularly audited provider of temporary (and permanent) medical and healthcare staff to the NHS, Ministry of Defence and Independent Healthcare Sector. Our in-house weekly payroll and credit control functions operate to the required levels of quality control and financial capacity required to support the scale of these staffing services; these functions also enable us to pay our expert witnesses immediately for their medico legal work upon the instructing solicitor’s acceptance of their satisfactorily completed report. We ourselves accommodate the time delay (typically several months or more) for release of cleared funds assigned for Expert fees for the matter in question, whether this be from the Legal Aid Agency, or other source.
This is one of the multiple reasons our experts, notably, and many also nationally regarded in their specialist areas of expertise, choose to work with us alongside or on occasions even in preference to, working independently of any third party.
- A managed caseload of regular work, matched very specifically to your areas of professional expertise and of course to your stated professional and personal preferences.
- Handling of all communication and reporting process management for each case instruction, in relation to the representation of your expertise, timescales and fees.
- Full administrative support.
- Quality review of reportsQuality review of reports prior to submission
- Access to regular (CPD certified) Expert Witness training events, the opportunity for peer review through our network of experts, updates on legislation and the Court system, through our Membership of the Expert Witness Institute.
- Medical Governance - Revalidation and Responsible Officer support services. Mind Professionals as an organisation contracting with Medical Professionals for provision of clinical or medico-legal services, acts as a Designated Body with NHS England and the GMC. As such, we are able to offer those of our medical experts providing a significant proportion of their medico legal activities through us, or those concurrently working clinically for us in long term locum assignments; the opportunity to connect with us for medical governance purposes
In order to work with us, we will require you to complete our registration process as an Expert Witness. In accordance with our assessment and quality standards, the registration process will include the requirement for you to supply us with specific information; compliance documentation and professional references in support of your skills, competence and experience an Expert Witness, for assessment and approval by our In House Medico Legal Assessors.
Mind Professionals is an ISO 9001 Quality Standards Approved National Framework Supplier of Medical, Nursing and Allied Health professionals to the NHS; an approved supplier of temporary healthcare staff to the Ministry of Defence and to the Independent Mental Health provider sector. We are also corporate members of the Expert Witness Institute and comply with the highest quality standards and strict governance controls of Expert Witness practice, associated with the requirements of the Institute.